Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Allyx is here!

Finally! We went to the hospital Wednesday night (Feb 24th) at 7pm and they gave me Cervidil to get labor started. I definitely started having contractions that night. I was given a sleeping pill around 1am and told to get some rest. Yeah right! That didn't work. I was in and out of sleep all night, but never got "rest". Not by my definition, anyway. The next morning, sometime between 6 and 8am they started me on Pitocin. I got my Epidural a long time after that and Allyx decided to make her grand entrance at 8:32pm. 25 hours later, I was pretty exhausted.

Unfortunately, I lost about half my blood supply and wasn't doing too well after the delivery. They had me on oxygen for a while and monitored me for the next 3 days trying to decide if I was the lucky winner of a blood transfusion. YIKES! By the fourth day in the hospital, I was told to eat food with lots of iron, no transfusion needed. Phew.

We are excited to be parents and will try and get better at this blogging thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment