Sunday, December 30, 2012

2013...I guess the world didn't end

Good thing, because our food storage isn't complete! Nahinu just informed me that we don't need food storage if the world ends. He's so smart!

Now that I've figured out how to update our blog from the iPad, I'm excited to announce..."I'll be JUST as bad at updating it." But, it puts my new iPad keyboard to good use for the moment.

2012 has been amazing. Nahinu started a new job working with the Army as a contractor. I can't say he's happy there. He's not sad there either. It's a job and we are grateful he has one.

I started a business with a friend of mine, from Sacramento. Business is slowly picking up. Hopefully 2013 will be a productive year.

I decided to potty train Allyx this year. Or should I say, she decided to potty train this year. (Nahinu would've played a part in it, if I would've let him. I chose a two week period that he was out of town. When he came home, she was fully potty trained. I think he's the luckiest husband ever. He pretended to be sad.) Before her 2nd birthday, she would tell us that she had to "make poopoo" and refused to go "poopoo" in her diaper. We didn't complain. In June, I took her diapers away. She did great! I made her a "Potty Chart". She got to pick her stickers at the store. Every time she successfully went on the toilet, she got to pick a sticker and put it on the chart herself. It worked GREAT. Sometimes she would want a second sticker. After telling her that she had to go potty again, she would reply, "okay, and head for the bathroom." Now, she a pro on the porcelain.

This year, Allyx discovered shoes and dresses. If I let her, she would wear a dress every day. BUT, it's cold in Utah. So, she gets skinny jeans and blouses most days (just be covered up by a heavy (usually pink) coat. Shopping is always fun. It's fun to watch her grab a dress from a rack, hold the hanger up to her chin and say, "Look Mom. It's so cute!" Her favorite stores are Crazy 8 (because they have a TV) and Forever 21 because they have extravagant heels that are accessible to her. She can remove her socks and shoes in 10 seconds flat and already have her favorite pair of heels sitting at her side. She goes straight to the hand bags after asking for a hand to help her walk there.

Other things Allyx has discovered this year: FaceTime, indoor parks, Photo Booth on the iPad, the words, "scary", "just kidding", "trick or treat", "where Daddy is?", "No, my do it", how to trace her hand, how to mail a letter, how to change background photos on iPhones, how to search "elmo" on YouTube, her alphabet, her fear of Santa Claus, her love for Knotts Berry Farm, walking in the rain, walking in the snow, Hostess Cupcakes (just to see them go under) and many many more things!!!

We've been fortunate enough to travel to many places this year. To include, Hawaii, Sacramento, Anaheim, Phelan, Hemet, Idaho, Kentucky, Colorado, Chicago (twice), Texas and I'm sure some others that I've forgotten.

We are hoping that 2013 is better than 2012. Not that 2012 was bad, but life only gets better and we are excited for what the future holds.

2013...here we come!!!

Allyx had to get completely naked to go potty
She learned how to spin to make her dress fly

Papa taught her "Laie Girl"

Allyx decides she loves to vacuum.

Jada came and stayed with us for the Summer. We had fun. Not sure if SHE did.

Allyx, doing her thing at Forever 21

Loves her FaceTime

Playing with Photo Booth

Ice Cream is still her favorite

I discovered "How I Met Your Mother"

Allyx learns about Tupac. Thanks Auntie Kimmy!!!

Ilene and I dress up for Bunco Halloween. Ilene is a deer in headlights. I'm Flashback Tina.

Allyx was so afraid of Nick's Halloween makeup. She wouldn't hold the phone and she didn't want to go see him two days later!

Allyx had a blast on Halloween. If only I made her a mask that fit!

Allyx's first and last Hostess Cupcake

Allyx told me to hold a Hello Kitty mask to my face while she took a picture. She missed!

Allyx was SO excited that we were at Knotts Berry Farm. She couldn't stop laughing and smiling.

Allyx finds a BFF

The first time Allyx flirt with a boy (to my knowledge). It was pretty cute.

The saddest, cutest picture EVER!

Jada, Kaya, Ailee and Allyx. 2012 Christmas

Walking in the rain is fun.

Allyx LOVES her new kitchen!

1 comment: