Sunday, April 1, 2012

You blinked and she was 2!!!

Apparently, I'm not very good at this blog thingy. I like stating the obvious. SO...Allyx is 2 now! Let's try and catch you up.

We moved to Lehi, UT in November 2010 as part of a transfer for Nahinu's job. The same week that we moved into our house, Nahinu was laid off from his job. I went back to work full-time at that point. Nahinu has been diligently looking and applying for various jobs with no luck. He did land a part-time job at the Marriott Hotel in Sandy, Renaissance Inn. But, at this point in time, they don't give him any hours. It's nice that we still get to keep the employee discount with him working in "stand-by" mode. I have always loved to work! I was secretly excited when we decided I would have to go back to work until he found something else. It was still a tough thing to do. Being a mom, I wanted to stay home with Allyx. Nahinu is a great babysitter/dad though. Allyx is somewhat of a Daddy's Girl. They go to the local Community Center here and go swimming on occasion or piddle around the house. Trips to the park and learning Spanish is all part of their daily activities.

We LOVE Lehi!! We live in a great neighborhood. The only complaints we have about where we live is the wind and the smell of mink!! We can't have anything cute on our front porch because the wind will blow it away. It's also pretty rare that we are able to open the windows on a warm day. The smell of mink is pretty bad. I'd rather keep that outside. The mink farm is only a few blocks from us (we didn't know this when we bought the house). So, in the summer, the flies are pretty heavy too. We've found that Rosemary keeps them away. This summer, I will be planting Rosemary ALL AROUND our house!!!


Allyx has poopoo trained herself. When she was 22 months, she said to me, "Mom, I poopoo." She had never said anything like this before she when I couldn't figure out what she was telling me, I replied, "Show me." She led me into the bathroom and tried removing her pants. I asked, "You need to go poopoo?" "Yesh," she said. So, I helped her remove ALL her clothes because this is what she wanted and she sat on the toilet and went poop. From that day on, she has told us whenever she has had to go poop. I do realize that we are dang lucky! I don't think we'll fully appreciate it until we have our next kid and they're 12, still pooping their pants. ;) Now, I say that Allyx has "poopoo" trained herself because she has no idea what peepee is and she's only gone peepee in the toilet once or twice on accident while going poopoo. One day, we'll try and help her figure that one out.

This is the most recent picture of Allyx. She loves hats and loves playing with toys that aren't hers. She has always been more interested in what we are doing and want to help than playing with her toys. No matter what it is! She does, however, LOVE basketball! She has a plastic basketball hoop and ball that she loves to play with. I think she's going to be just like her mom when she grows up. One of her favorite things to do is attend live sporting events. It doesn't matter what sport it is. She loves the sounds from the crowds and mimicking them. It's funny to watch her actually watch the sport being played. Most kids her age are oblivious. I'm excited for the day when we can sign her up for all sorts of things and see what she likes best. I'm hoping it's an indoor sport so I don't have to sit in the sun all day long every Saturday. jk

Life is great! We have really been blessed. We have an amazing family and group of friends that we love surrounding ourselves with. Allyx has lots of Nammas, Papas, Un-kos and Aunties and she loves them all! We love them too. We are excited to see what the future holds for us and know that whatever it is, it will be great!!

Until next time....(I promise it will be sooner than 2 years)

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog, we stumbled across your blog because we noticed you recently moved to Lehi. We are considering moving to the Jordan Willows subdivision. Have you heard anything about that area? We've heard it is nearby the mink farms and that mosquitoes can get bad there because it's close to the lake. What are your thoughts on that? Would you buy your home again knowing what you know now? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clint, I apologize! I just saw this post. I'm not the best at knowing how this whole blog thing works. Did you wind up moving to Jordan Willows? I can't say we would 100% buy our house again. We LOVE our neighbors and our neighborhood, but the minks, flies, mosquitoes are pretty bad in the summer. It gets pretty windy out here too. We've made some really good friends here, so it's hard to say we wouldn't buy our house again if we could do it all over. Again, I'm so sorry this is so late.

    ReplyDelete